The objective of this activity is to synthesize the content of a class into the language of different social networks (Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Social Media
- To create and modify written productions
- To use writing software and apps
- To create and modify drawings and designs
- To use drawing and design tools
- To create and modify photographic productions
- To use photographic and editing tools
- To create and modify audiovisual productions
- To use filming and editing tools
- To search, select, and download
- To manage content archives
- To manage content dissemination and sharing
- To self-manage
- To participate in social media
- To collaborate
- To coordinate and lead a group of people for creating contents
- To coordinate/lead in online communities
- To teach
MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY
- To recognize and describe the technical features of social media
- To recognize and describe the basic rules and jargon of a community
- To compare
- To evaluate and reflect
- To take action and to apply
NARRATIVE AND AESTHETICS
- To interpret
- To recognise and describe
- To compare
- To evaluate the own creations
IDEOLOGY AND ETHICS
- To recognize and describe
- To evaluate and reflect about piracy
- To avoid illegal and unethical practices
- To address strong ethical issues in personal contents
- To be aware of the risks of self-exposure on social media
- Foreign Languages
- Learning Support Teacher
- Physical Education
- Professional Competences
- Religion and Ethics
- Social Sciences
- Smartphone or video camera
- Computer (option)
- Photo and video editing apps and software
- What is a lesson synthesis?
- How can we synthesize a lesson?
- What kind of language can we use?
- What platforms fit best to synthesize and share the contents?
- How do we engage the audience with our contents?
- What can we learn from this activity?
The profiles on the platforms that are chosen (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube ...) are created by the teacher as a class account. Or you can create multiple accounts for each group. It is important to stipulate at the beginning of this activity a series of rules on privacy, use of copyrighted content, type of language that will be used, etc. (30’)
The class is divided into groups of between 2 and 4 students (5 '). Each group assigns roles to its members, depending on the individual abilities of each person. (10’)
Once the class is over, the group meets (or perhaps at the end of the session or outside of class hours) and discusses the most important topics in their opinion that have been developed during the session. (15’).
Once they have selected the content they want to synthesize, they design the message and choose the most appropriate platform to spread it. (15’).
According to the organization of the group, the people chosen for the task carry out the synthesis of the class and upload it to the chosen platform. (30’-80’).
The teacher at the beginning of the next class returns the content that the students have uploaded to the platform so that it can be discussed with the rest of the students (10-15’).
The teacher should evaluate:
- The ability to synthesize;
- The coherence and clarity of the contents;
- The adaptation to the language of the chosen platform;
- The ability to generate interaction with the class;
- The planning and organization of the work team;
- Social Media