The social media manager
This activity is based on managing several social networks of the class, on a rotating basis, during a certain period of time determined by the teacher.
- Social Media
- To create and modify written productions (Production)
- To use writing software and apps
- To create and modify drawings and designs
- To use drawing and design tools
- To create and modify photographic productions
- To use photographic and editing tools
- To create and modify audiovisual productions
- To use filming and editing tools
- To search, select, and download
- To manage content archives
- To manage content dissemination and sharing
- To participate in social media
- To collaborate
- To coordinate and lead
NARRATIVE AND AESTHETICS
- To take action and to apply
- To recognize and describe
- To evaluate and reflect (risk prevention)
- To take action and to apply (risk prevention)
- Professional Competences
- Social Sciences
- Telephones or photo and video cameras
- What defines the class? What image of the class do we want to project? How would we like the image of the class to be?
- With what social networks will we work? What content will be created for each social network?
- What content will be produced? How will they occur? How will we organize ourselves to carry them out?
The teacher explains to the group of students that they will design and develop the communication of the class through different social networks. To do this, they must define the class, giving it an image (name, logo, associated images, etc.) and design the communication strategy to follow (objectives, programme, recipients, etc.) (165’)
During these first sessions, the work schedule that will be carried out during the next months is also organized.
The teacher organizes students into groups of 4-6 and collaboratively makes a distribution of tasks and management of social networks. Each group takes on the management of a network in a rotating manner. Which means that all groups will manage all the networks. Likewise, a group takes on the management of risk prevention and content control. This group is also rotating. Within each group, rotating work roles are also assigned where there is a different leader each week.
This activity is done for about three months during one hour of class a week and work at home.
Each week the groups present a brief report (300 words) and propose improvements to be made by the next group. The teacher guides the debates and helps the groups reach consensuses on the lines to follow. This activity is done for about three months during one hour of class a week and work at home. In the last session there is a general evaluation of the whole activity.
The teacher should evaluate:
- The capacity for coordination, organization and leadership;
- The ability to design a dissemination strategy;
- The ability to produce content for social networks;
- The ability to manage content on social networks;
- The ability to manage different social networks and adapt to different languages;
- The ability to apply risk prevention and content control measures;
- Capacity for self-evaluation and self-criticism;
- Ability to pose challenges and lines of work.
- Social Media